Isaiah Rashad, the latest artist to be signed to the (arguably) best rap/hip hop label at the moment, has released the first project of the six that T.D.E has promised the hip hop community in 2014. When I first listened to this project I thought "this is ok, but not great" and I cannot lie and say that my expectations, unlike many others were actually NOT that high. I understand that because this rapper was signed to T.D.E everyone is looking for that special talent that he brings to the label, but lets not forget that not one of the now super rappers that are Black Hippy blew up as soon as they hit the scene. It took Kendrick Lamar years before creating his masterpiece GKMC. But back to Cilvia Demo, throughout this project you will hear a slow consisted production on the beat , which is why on my first listen I wasn't to hot. But if you listen to this tape restlessly you will eventually figure out that this isn't about the sound or production, this is about Isaiah Rashads undeniable talent to spit hard, raw, and very clever bars song after song. His flow is really what made me a fan I love the way he has the ability to switch it up on songs like "Banana", and also the way he figured out how to flow over the beginning of the track "Shot You Down"(Jay Rock and ScHoolboy Q's verses were also very good) before the drums even come into play! Another thing I noticed while listening to this project was the way Isaiah was making me feel throughout it. The whole thing has this very dark very gloomy feel to it when he raps about his dad on tracks like "Heavenly Father" but then picks it up on other tracks with his hard flow on "Soliloquy".The reason why I tell you guys to please listen to this more than once is because you will pick up a different line from this rapper every time you listen! The way he can twist a kine to make it clever and at the same time make it fit perfectly over a quite beat makes this that much better. I really find myself being able to listen to Cilvia Demo front to back without any urge to skip a track and am really excited to see where this T.D.E artist will go next in his career. Go buy it, go support it!
FAVORITE TRACKS
-Webbie Flow(u like)
-R.I.P Kevin Miller
-West Savannah
-Soliloquy
-Modest
-Banana
-Shot You Down
LEAST FAVORITE TRACKS
-None its all great:)
No comments:
Post a Comment